Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Lately, I feel like a robot.

I feel like I've been programmed to do the exact same actions every single day.

Wake up. Get ready. Chug coffee en route to work. Report for morning duty five minutes late (I like to be fashionable). Take attendance. Teach crappy kids, rowdy kids, super sweet kids, just okay kids. Lunch. Gossip. Catch up. Breathe. Sit in main office air conditioning to dry sweaty work clothes. Teach smart kids, how-did-you-make-it-into-this-class kids. Herd cats. (That's what afternoon homeroom is like.) Sit at desk. Stare at computer. Make copies. Breathe. Drive. Pick up kids. Home. Feed screaming baby. Say "NO" repeatedly to toddler. Kiss Greg hello. Run/Walk/Spin/Play or some combo thereof. Make dinner. Eat dinner frantically. Bath. Books. Make coffee. Shower. Bed.

Maybe I deviate every once in awhile.

Like opening the fridge and reaching for a juice box to find Woody riding Bullseye into a Gladware container of corn.

I feel change coming on. I feel it in my gut--that feeling you can't shake that you know you should trust.

But I don't know in what shape or form this change is going to come.

It's a little bit scary.

And a little bit exciting for a robot.

Any other moms out there feeling a bit robotic?

1 comment:

  1. I think we are all robotic at some point. Personally though, my baby and I like some routine in our day (I'm a stay at home mum). But I do try to make his day a little exciting.
    I loved the Woody surprise in the fridge! It's things like that that make me love being a mother

    ReplyDelete