Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Surrender

"Good things fall apart so better things can come together."

That's my motto these days...

My last day of school is today. In about 30 minutes, I'll be joining my colleagues in a kick line down the front hall. It's one of my most favorite traditions, as the "Hallelujah" chorus plays over the intercom, followed by the "na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey hey hey, good bye."

Teachers do it up right, yo.

And I'm clinging to that exhilarating feeling today--that knowledge that a few months of freedom await me starting at 2:30, and that I get to spend my days working my favorite job as mom--because a little bit of sadness sits in my heart.

Maybe it's more than a little...

We took our house off the market yesterday.

We broke our contract with the builder.

This

is no longer our future home.

Maybe it wasn't mean to be our dream home.

Maybe it fell apart because something else completely amazing and wonderful is waiting for our little family.

"Someone is trying to teach you a lesson in disappointment, huh?" a friend said.

But I don't think so.

If this were a lesson in disappointment, I'd walk around being gloomy and glum like the Pout Pout Fish in this book.

If this were a lesson in disappointment, I wouldn't want to talk about it. I would roll my eyes, cry, sigh, and otherwise stomp around like, well, my toddler.

And that's not me. It's not this blog.

But it's okay to be sad. It's okay to mourn it for just a bit.

Then it's time to move on.

We have lots of exciting things planned: trips to the pool, vacations at the beach, gymnastics class, library hour, and cuddling! I'll be redecorating the dining room, purchasing a new couch, and making my space feel refreshed.

Sort of like me.

With all of the stress that has been selling the house behind us, it's time to rejuvenate.

Surrender to happiness.

Smile on my face. Deep breath. It's time to dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment