Thursday, March 22, 2012

Everything happens for a reason, Part Deux

Bad news: Our house sale fell through, all because of $25 and a roof, and I would explain that, but I think I'm finally sick of whining about it, and so with one big ol' sigh, I'm letting it all go because...

Good news: Our builder is still going to start building our house next week, which means...

Bad news: We have to re-list the house sooner rather than later (or the builder will end up selling our dream home to someone else!), and then there's the little wrench of...

Bad news: Will's having surgery next week.

Not major surgery--don't you fret. I would like the kid (and his mom and dad) to catch a break, but since everything happens for a reason, it's just not yet.

Will woke up yesterday morning and his face looked like a swollen tomato. Off to the doctor we went, to learn it was just an allergic reaction to sunscreen (and why not?), but that his ears were also infected, making it yucky ear infection number five in three months.

I got an appointment today at Children's hospital (where Greg and I were more than mildly disturbed at the "No Hitting Zone" sign that we assumed was for children at play, only upon closer inspection to realize it was for parents to not beat their children in the waiting area), and the nice Australian doctor (we told Will he was probably friends with The Wiggles) told us it'd be in Will's best interest to have tubes put in and adenoids taken out.

Again, no big deal...lots of kids have this surgery every day--kids I know at that! I think a Facebook friend had her daughter in today to have the same thing done!

But subjecting my sweet boy to more pokes and prods and fearful things, well, it gives me a knot in my stomach and a tug at my heart.

If our house sale had gone through, then we wouldn't be able to really focus on Will like we can now.

And so I give it all to the Universe. It is clearly out of our hands. My intentions have been made clear, but I'll take whatever path is set forth for us.

Everything happens for a reason...I'm learning to be patient. And to keep my head in the here and now.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. :) And my prayers are with Will during this minor (but major to you, of course) surgery.

    Brian works at Children's here in Columbus, and every employee has to be trained on how to deal with abusive situations with patients/guests, as I guess it happens often. How sad.

    ReplyDelete