Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's 4:30...too early for a margarita?

I promise, dear reader, I do not have a drinking problem.

Moms of two, three, four--heck, moms of one: do you hear me on this? Sometimes, it's just the promise of a sweet, sippable, potent beverage that gets you not to the end of the day, but to the couple of hours before bath time and bed time.

Stressed out non-parents, I know you hear me, too.

It's 4:30 as I type...and I'm contemplating, too early for that margarita?

Will's surgery went swimmingly this morning. Greg held him as he slipped into LaLa Land; and the nurse held me as I cried buckets of tears about it. Twenty minutes later, the doctor was finished and telling us in his fabulous accent that he was fine, and as I type and contemplate that margarita, he is truly back to himself.

I spent the afternoon being in the moment (mostly because I was too tired to be in any other moment). An espresso and a solo trip to the grocery gave me 45 minutes of heaven and a little turbo charge. I should have strolled the aisles a bit longer, but once I'd gathered my Pinterest baking ingredients (as I continue to bake my way through maternity leave...Golden Oreo Caramel Cheesecake Squares for dessert tonight), I set off for home.

And now I'm on my newly sealed and beautifully staged deck (if only firing the old realtor were so easy and serene), my mom holding the baby and Will driving his car in circles, and I'm thinking...

...dare I take a deep breath, a sigh of relief, a moment to think that maybe, just maybe, things could be calm?

The answer is yes. Because in this moment it is all of those things.

And now I'll pour that margarita.

1 comment:

  1. What I wouldn't give for a nice, cold, alcoholic beverage right now (at 9am) :) - ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete