Sunday, April 29, 2012

Reconnect

This weekend has been 48 hours of reconnecting.

It began with friends, margaritas, and my husband--and no talk of kids for three hours.

It ended tonight, on my mat, in a beautiful studio, to the music and voice of people I love.

If you've never practiced to live music, never participated in a kirtan, it's magical. Put it on your bucket list.

The message tonight was simple: connect to your heart. Invite in whatever it is you need. Send it back out there. Connect to the people in the room. Connect to what moves you. Find what is beautiful. "When you do what you love, love is what you do." Oh how I love that lyric from Luna.

Tomorrow I go back to work. As I moved and sang tonight, I didn't feel torn, as working mothers often do (and as I have felt many times before). My heart is in a good place.

The last words we sang, "It's good to be home," aptly describes how I feel: I love my kids, I love being home with them, but I love my work kids, too. I love my work period. I feel at home in both places.

So even though my baby snuggles will decrease, and Matt and Ann and Al will no longer be my morning company, I'll fill up on welcoming my other kids back into my heart. (And fellow teachers, rather than think, "Yeah, until she comes across so-and-so or hears about the latest schedule change, etc." come by tomorrow and recharge yourself with my renewed energy!)

It'll be good to be be home tomorrow. And to be welcomed home tomorrow night by the smiles of my boys.

Love is what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment