Thursday, January 19, 2012

The truth is..

...I'm not always present. Or happy. Or bright.

I've been having a tough time lately (and from the blogs I've been reading it appears I'm not alone). For starters, I feel like a whale. That's where it begins. It ends somewhere around keeping a house clean for pop-up showings--a house covered in muddy paw prints on the floors and boogers on the walls (we're not potty training here; we are tissue training!)--and the melange of issues in between, well, they just make me want to go to Sam's club, buy a five pound bag of gummy bears and a jug of vodka and try those "drunken gummy bears" I keep seeing on pinterest.

I saw a bumper sticker today: "Be optimistic! It's much more pleasant." And optimistic I generally am.

But I'm also human, and sometimes humans wallow in a big puddle of tears and chocolate ice cream and funfetti cookies and just need someone to look at them and say, "Go ahead love. This too shall pass."

And I, dear reader, have incredible friends; friends who send cards to your house, chocolates to your classroom, and texts of encouragement to your phone; friends who make you cry with laughter to replace tears of frustration; friends who stop what they're doing, hug you tight, and whisper, "This too shall pass."

Gratitude in my heart tonight, for my friends. This heart is beaming a bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment