Monday, January 16, 2012

Yum

With nesting in full force and a day off to enjoy it, I was a cooking fool today.

My French I kids have their first Treat Day tomorrow (that's what I've been calling their midterm and final exams for years now--takes away some of the anxiety, and they know they have something to look forward to instead of total dread), so I tried Funfetti cookies. Um. They are da bomb. Diggity.


And with Will tugging at my sweatshirt to cook him lunch, I whipped up some homemade mac-n-cheese. It's so freaking easy--and minus all the sodium and chemicals--that you will rarely pick up that blue box again.

So both recipes are below...happy nesting! Oh wait, that's just me.

Funfetti Cookies
1 box Funfetti cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container favorite frosting

Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together in a bowl. Roll into 1" sized balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten out the balls with your fingers so they are 1/4"-1/2" thick. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, or until the outside edges are lightly browned. Allow them to cool on the sheet for a minute, then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cookies are completely cool, frost. Yum.

Homemade Mac-n-Cheese
3/4 cup dried pasta
3 cups water
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. flour
1/3 cup milk
1 cup cheese, grated
salt to taste

Boil your pasta in the water until tender. Drain and leave in collander. In pan, melt your butter over medium-low heat, and whisk in the flour. Let brown for about 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and keep stirring until the butter-flour-milk mixture thickens. Add cheese and continue to whisk until melted. Stir pasta back into cheese sauce, taste for salt (it's an excuse, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment